Thursday, December 10, 2015

Refletive Post


 
 
While taking Intro to technology class, I have learned so much throughout this semester. Even though I thought I knew as much as I need to know about technology apparently there is so much more that can always be learned. Especially with the era that we live in technology is constantly evolving and getting more and more advanced for the better.
One of the main concepts I enjoyed the most was getting the opportunity to explore all the different technology tool that could benefit me in the future as an educator. For instance for every blog post we had we had to use some sort of new 2.0 tool such as Voki, Bidstrip, Wordle, Bubblus, Padlet and so much more. To be honest when I started taking this class and when I saw the names of all the 2.0 tools I was amused by how many technology tools there was. However, with each blog that I did I got the opportunity to learn every week something new to the point where I learned how to navigate and use the tool efficiently. By the end  of the semester I was even able to create my own teacher portfolio via website!
                Another main concept I learned that I found would be the most beneficial was getting the real perspective of an educator. Educators are mainly thought of as the ones who teach children new material such as math, science, and so forth however, most of us don’t realize that behind that there is so much more than just standing in front of children and teaching. With assignments such as the collaborative group project and WebQuest assignment, I got the opportunity to come up with a lesson plan. I have worked with children a few time but when it came down to writing a lesson plan I found it very difficult because there are certain standards that need to be included all the while making it fun so the children can participate effectively. In essence I know have a better understanding of writing out an effective lesson plan.
This was my first online class I have ever taken and was very nervous and unsure if I would be able to keep up with it. This Intro to technology class was by far one of my favorite class even if it was online. Professor Coleman did an awesome job of keeping a great rubric and explaining the assignments as well as answering any questions we may have had in a timely manner. One of the assignments we also had were discussion post. With discussion post we would talk about one subject put our thoughts on it and then got the chance to view other classmates thought and comment. For me it was wonderful getting the input from other classmates and getting to see their point of view on the very interesting subjects we had.
             To sum it all up, this semester was a really interesting semester and when taking Intro to technology class made it all the more interesting. I got an opportunity to learn so many new technology tools and even better I learned how to use them effectively in a classroom. I also learned that an educators’ job is more difficult than we can imagine and with this class I understood how to properly write out lesson plans. Overall I truly enjoyed this class and learned so much from it as well.
Resources:
 
Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.
Rios Moreno, P (December 10, 2015) Technology created with Wordle


1 comment:

  1. Great to read your perspectives on the assignments and your learning reflections as you look back over the last few months. You accomplished much in this class - from your new content knowledge to your new technology skills as well as connections in collaborative assignments...all in a first-time online class! Wow - great job. :) I hope that you can take this learning and bridge to your next/future set of college classes and also to your future classroom. Best wishes as you pursue your teaching career.

    ReplyDelete